Beat the Bank Rules
THE 95.5 Hits FM - BEAT THE BANK 2018
How to Enter
1. The contest begins on Monday February 26th, 2018, and will continue until Friday, April 6th, 2018. Contest closing date/time may change without notice. Monday to Friday 95.5 Hits FM will announce that the tenth caller (the “Contestant”) through on 95.5’s contest line following the Announcement will be eligible to play the contest for a chance to win money in the Beat the Bank Contest. The object of this contest is to beat the sound of the vault alarm in order to win cash.
2. There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Simply be the tenth caller through on the contest line to be eligible to play the on-air contest. Studio phone number (613) 962-0955
3. Each participant or person attempting to play the contest understands and agrees to participate “live” on air. Each participant agrees to have their on air contest play replayed on air throughout the day.
4. The number of cash prizes to be awarded will depend on the number of contestants who enter the contest, the number of successful contestants who “Beat the Bank” and the amount of each prize awarded to each winner. The maximum potential available cash prize per play is not to exceed $10,000.00. Any prize amounts won will be awarded in the form of a cheque.
5. Only one winner or qualifier per household per 30 days. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Starboard Communications assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. Starboard Communications is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer. Starboard Communications has the right to reclaim the prize and hand over to a new contestant if the original prizewinner is unable to accept.
6. The contestant will hear one or more vault doors opening with a voice announcing an amount of money, to a potential maximum amount of $10,000.00. With each opening of a vault, the contestant has the option to stop and win the amount of cash just announced or they may continue to the next vault opening and hear the cash amount announcement increase or hear the bank alarm. At any time, the vault alarm may be triggered and if that occurs, the contestant does not win any money.
7. Between each vault opening, the contestant will be asked if she/he wishes to proceed or wishes to stop and win the amount of cash just announced. If the contestant wishes to proceed and the sound of the vault alarm is heard, the winner does not win any cash. Should the contestant say, “stop” during the sound of the alarm, he/she will not be eligible to win the cash.
8. The chances of winning a prize will depend on whether a caller is the tenth caller through and the decisions they make while playing the game on air.
9. a) The minimum amount of money to be won is $0.00. The potential maximum amount of money to be won is $10,000.00 per play.
b) Starboard Communications Ltd. reserves the right to cancel the contest at anytime at its discretion. The Contest will not be played on Holidays.
c) As prizes are won during the contest, the number of prizes available to be won will be adjusted accordingly.
10. 95.5 Hits FM is not responsible for disconnected, misdirected, lost or dropped calls. If at any point during your phone call your connection to 95.5 Hits FM is lost the play will be considered over, the Contestant will not be able to call back to continue to play and will automatically result in a “loss”.
11. WEB Wednesday's - Wednesday mornings at 8:10am 95.5 Hits FM will announce the name of the potential Beat the Bank Player. That player, and only that player, has 5 minutes to call in for their chance to play. A family member, friend or acquaintance can not call on behalf of the named player. IF 5 minutes pass on the player does not call in then 955 Hits FM will open the phone lines and take Caller 10 has that mornings player. The same process will be followed for the afternoon play that will occur at 4:10pm. To enter you must fill out a ballot on the "Beat the Bank" page.
*Please Note: The 95.5 Hits FM streamed broadcast, at www.955hitsfm.ca, is subject to approximately a 30 second delay. The “Contestant” relies on the online broadcast at their own risk. In case of discrepancy the 95.5 Hits FM on-air time will be deemed official.
12. New this year is the FAST FORWARD! If at any time the vault opens to reveal the Fast Forward the player has 3 options. 1. To stop and accept the cash amount revealed in the previous vault. 2. Continue to open the vaults one at a time. OR 3. Use the Fast Forward and jump ahead 5 vaults. The player is assuming the risk that the vault might reveal more money or it might blow up. If the vault does reveal more money then the player will have the option to stop the game and take the money. Or continue to open vaults.
How to claim prize
13. Prior to accepting the prize, all winners must present themselves in person at 95.5 HITS FM STUDIOS at 497 Dundas St. West, Belleville Ontario, during our business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 p.m.) Monday to Friday (excluding Holidays) and show valid identification and must sign a declaration and release that includes correctly answering the mathematical skill-testing question, in the form requested by Starboard Communications confirming compliance with the contest rules and releasing Starboard Communications and its employees from all liability arising in connection with the contest and the prize.
Who Can Enter
14. This contest is open to all residents of Ontario in the 95.5 Hits FM listening area who are 18 years of age and over, except employees, representatives and agents of Starboard Communications Ltd. (95.5 and Cool 100) and the advertising agents involved in this particular contest.
15. By participating in this contest, contestants and winners agree to be bound by these rules. If there is any disagreement as to whether a person is a contestant or a winner or as to the amount of money won by a winner or as to the adequacy of the prize, the decision of Starboard Communications – 95.5 Hits FM shall be final.
16. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. These contest rules are subject to change without notice, if necessary to comply with any applicable law or policy of the CRTC or other entity having jurisdiction over Starboard Communications – 95.5 Hits FM. All contestants, including winners, by entering this contest, consent to the use, including the reproduction, broadcast and publication, of their name and/or photograph, likeness, voice, statements or the fact that he/she is a winner in this contest and all matters incidental thereto without compensation, in any publicity carried out by 95.5 Hits FM in connection with this contest.
17. These are the official rules of the contest. Copies are available free of charge at 95.5 Hits FM, 497 Dundas St. West, Belleville Ontario, K8P 1B6 during normal business hours Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 p.m. (excluding Holidays)