Wall of Hits 2017 Rules and Regulations
1. Dates/Terms/Eligibility. Starboard Communications CJOJ 95.5 and CHCQ 100.1 may change the dates and/or terms of the contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website. The Contest is open to legal Canadian residents, 18 years of age and older, residing in Ontario or Quebec. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of Starboard Communications stations and the Quinte Mall or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent may not participate.
Participants MUST BE PRESENT to win. The draw is being held on Sunday November 5th, 2016 at the Quinte Mall - Kindness Court, and will begin at 2:00pm, registration at 1:00pm. ONCE THE DRAW HAS COMMENCED, AT 2PM, REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSED! Meaning, anyone who arrives after 2pm will NOT be eligible to participate. Please note that the clocks “Fall Back” that day so the time change must be accounted for.
2. Prizes. There will be 1 featured prize given away at the grand prize draw date with the potential for more prizes to be given away randomly. First Place (the $25,000 Grand Prize Package). Only One prize pack of $25,000 will be rewarded. Only one winner or qualifier per household for the Wall of Hits contest on CJOJ 95.5. Qualifiers can only qualify once and select ONE number. After winning a prize valued over $1,000, winner must wait 6 months before they are eligible to win another prize over $600. All sales, prize and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Starboard Communications stations CJOJ and CHCQ assume no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. Starboard Communication stations are not responsible for replacing tickets. The laminates that the qualifier will receive upon pick up must be present on the date of the draw. Without this laminate stating the number you have selected, the qualifier will NOT be eligible for any of the prizes (or be able to select their CD). All prizes on the Wall of Hits are final and as accepted as rewarded. Prizing: Prizing is specific to each business, and each prize sponsor on the Wall of Hits has specific rules and regulations with regards to prizing and installation. Prizing may not be exchanged unless the retailer says otherwise. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are non-transferable.
3. Conditions/Restrictions. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified.
4. Conditions/Restrictions. Starboard Communications Stations CJOJ and CHCQ are not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching 95.5 Hits FM. Listeners can call the 95.5 Hits FM contest line at (613)962-0955. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of the Starboard Communications judges are final. All contest entries will become the property of Starboard Communications.
5. Release and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest.
6. Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available in person at the Station’s studios (497 Dundas Street West, Belleville, Ontario K8P 1B6) or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.
7. In the event that the Gold Disc holder in not in attendance, at the Grand Prize Draw, all qualifiers who have registered, and still in attendance, will be included in a random draw for the available prize.
8. There is an additional form of qualifying called the “Double Down”. Participants who claim a CD will then be asked a “Double Down Trivia Question” which requires a “True” or “False” answer. If the participant correctly answers the question they will be entered into each of the weekly draws. Each weekly draw will be done on Monday morning where our morning show hosts will call a randomly drawn qualifier for their chance to claim another disc off the Wall of Hits. If the participant tries to claim a CD that has already been chosen they will NOT be given another chance to select a different CD.